Sunday, November 16, 2008

A simple crossbrowser semantic javascript menu

I needed a simple crossbrowser javascript menu. One that would work on IE6, IE7, Firefox and Safari. Well I didn't search for it on the internet because I wanted to have it as clean as possible so I've created my own.



Four hours later it was done and I was happy with the result. A crossbrowser javascript menu, which is easy skinnable and build for the semantic web, with less than 50 lines of javascript code. The html contains only 1 id (for building up the menu), but furthermore it doesn't contain any other id's, or style attributes. So a menu which only exists of UL's and LI's.



Another target for my menu was that it should work in html (4.01) and xhtml (1.0 and 1.1). If I would have searched for such a menu I'm sure it would take me longer than 4 hours to search/test/review the available javascript/dhtml menu's on the web.

You'll find an example here

It's tested on IE6, IE7, Firefox 3, Safari 3 (for Windows) and Google Chrome.

No comments: